JOHN EHRET HIGH SCHOOL
4300 Patriot Street • Marrero, LA 70072
Phone: 504-340-7651 • Fax: 504-340-7295
Principal/Head of School
Dr. Gerod K. Macon, Sr.
Dean of Student Services
Teresa Femia, M.Ed.
Sean Richmond, M.Ed.
Shenetta Stump, M.Ed.
Kionne Sterling, M.Ed.
School Hours: 7:20 pm – 2:40 pm
Office Hours: 8:00 am – 10:40 am; 1:07 pm – 3:30 pm
John Ehret High School is a comprehensive four-year public high school serving grades 9-12 located in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana, in Marrero. The school serves several communities. The school’s mascot is the Patriot, and its colors are red, white, and blue. It is part of the Jefferson Parish Public Schools. As of 2002, John Ehret is the largest public high school in the state of Louisiana. It has 2,300 students. The school has a rich history with notable alumnus. John Ehret is committed to educating students holistically.
Navy Blue, Red, and White
The John Ehret High School Handbook provides information about rules, policies, academic requirements, and student privileges and responsibilities. You are encouraged to become familiar with information in the handbook. When in doubt about the meaning of a rule or other information in the district’s policies and procedure manual or student agenda, ASK! All the rules and policies in student agendas are within the framework of those approved by the Jefferson Parish Public School System (Refer to the JPPSS Procedures and Policies and Student handbook). Rules and policies may be added and/or changed as the year progresses by the administration. It is the student’s responsibility to keep up with such changes and/or additions.
Our school is a community which needs the cooperation of all those involved to make it a pleasant place in which to be. You are encouraged to take advantage of the academic and extra-curricular opportunities that are available at John Ehret High School. The more you involve yourself in school life, the more likely you will be to succeed academically and socially.
At John Ehret we strive to offer a safe learning environment that enables students to grow intellectually, morally, and socially. Our mission is to instill critical values and skills that are essential for success in college and the workforce.
THE JOHN EHRET HIGH SCHOOL COMMUNITY ENDEAVORS TO CREATE A QUALITY CITIZENRY BY INVOLVING ITS STAKEHOLDERS IN THE PLANNING AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MEANINGFUL LEARNING EXPERIENCES THAT ARE ESSENTIAL FOR AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD.
John Ehret High School is committed to:
- Providing appropriate educational opportunities to all students that will properly prepare them to achieve high levels of success in a rapidly changing world;
- Creating a professional learning community by studying, planning, and implementing strategies and methods that improve the way we teach and learn;
- Creating and maintaining a safe, orderly, and nurturing environment which encourages high expectations, mutual respect, and high levels of success;
- Developing and implementing plans to increase the availability and effective use of technology for all members of our community; and
- Providing the opportunities and the means for parents and the business community to actively participate in school programs and activities.